FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old (Classic) Slogan, "Come Fly the Friendly Skies Again", Returns to the New UNITED.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 10:29 am
FlyingNut724

Programs: United MM (formerly 1K), Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Karl-MDW
^

FINALLY!

They may have gotten the message.

Even if these ads are more the ideal than the reality, at least United is finally putting its theme song and network to good use.

(Rhapsody in Blue always thrills me. It is uniquely theirs, and I am glad they are using it.)

I think that it was genius to rebrand "The Friendly Skies". It has become an advertising icon. I am glad that they are finally recognizing what the pre-merger United had - not just what pre-merger Continental has/had.
I won't believe they have heard the message until the Service levels match the hype. IMO, bringing back this much beloved ad campaign appears to be an attempt to get more bookings in what is probably going to be a very slow fall (especially with the government funding issues). Given how many times we've been lied to (or mislead) in the past 18 months, I don't know why anyone here would believe anything UA says. Actions speak louder than advertising campaigns. I'll believe it when I see a change in the service.

Last edited by FlyingNut724; Sep 20, 2013 at 10:35 am