FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old (Classic) Slogan, "Come Fly the Friendly Skies Again", Returns to the New UNITED.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 10:22 am
bob_the_d

Programs: Hyatt GLOB, Marriott Lifetime PLT, UA 1K 1MM.
oh i didn't know there were four tv ads. just saw them, i actually thought they were pretty good. i would still peg the "new american" ad a little better, but this is worlds ahead of the p.s. ad we saw a few months ago. i do like the friendly theme that's (starting) to look like a semblance of a unified theme, something i think was sorely missing.

i did also like the taxi one, but i thought the E+/BF commercial was good too. in my opinion that ad is what the original p.s. ad should have been. it's also pretty clever when they draw the line connecting the friendly, it gives it a flight map theme, associates each item driving the theme all while doing it with a smiley face (it never arcs downwards).

i mean i get the airline has a ton of problems which have all been beaten over and over on this forum, and after the original p.s. ad there were posts saying there's no good branding and no theme. i'm not going to pretend the operational and service issues don't exist (i think it's clear they do) but it's nice to see this campaign start to roll out. it's a good start and hope they leverage it going forward to firmly establish the brand company-wide, and that's yet to be seen, but i think this is pretty solid as a marketing/branding exercise.