FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Master thread for new hotels and divestitures
Old Sep 20, 2013, 9:41 am
JohnneeO

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Gold (Current Platinum), United Mileage Plus, Avis Preferred
Fairfield Inn Hershey: Opened in April 2013

https://hotelexecutive.com/newswire/...n-pennsylvania

This hotel just opened earlier this year, on Thursday 4/4/2013.

Initially, the open date was scheduled for one week later, and I was bummed b/c the family was going to Hershey for Springtime in the Park on 4/6 & 4/7, and this hotel would not be available. As the dates of our trip got closer, I kept checking, and found that the hotel would be open just before we arrived, but the rates were way too high to justify staying there. I kept checking, but the price did not go down. Finally, in desperation, I called in the hotel directly in the morning before leaving NJ. I explained how we really wanted to stay, could they offer a lower price? When they offered the government rate, I took it! It was only a few dollars more than the room we had booked (which further from Hershey Park), which I promptly canceled.

This was the closest we ever stayed to Hershey Park, as we have typically ventured as far west as the New Cumberland FFI to book a low rate.