FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old (Classic) Slogan, "Come Fly the Friendly Skies Again", Returns to the New UNITED.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 8:39 am
PV_Premier
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by spin88
Better that they had actually rolled out some product improvements (not more of the recent downgrades) before chosing to toss a valuable piece of corporate heritage into the bonfire of vanity crated by Jeff and Co.
Originally Posted by fjfv19
Fantastic, and it actually would be entirely more appropriate. I've been mildly pleased recently with my UA experience but the airline has a fair amount to correct before the "Friendly Skies" would be reasonable again.
Originally Posted by FLYDCA
Branding is hardly the issue here. It is the service delivery aspect and that branding simply does not match and there are no visible plans to make the service delivery match the branding.
Originally Posted by BearX220
Right instinct, wrong sequence of events. Wise to resurrect one of the most durable brand tags ever; unwise to make it ring so hollow by associating it with the business they've currently got. Fix the airline's culture first, then advertise it as "friendly."
agreed agreed agreed

if this change comes with a major corporate culture shake up, it will be a great turning point for UA. if not, it will be more hollow BS. my money is, sadly, on the latter.