FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The First Class Experience with Garuda Indonesia
Old Sep 18, 2013, 4:57 pm
UMD

The plane then started to push back. The ground engineers were waving good bye at us. Soon afterwards, the cabin was secured for take-off.

The service was in full swing after we had reached the cruising altitude. Anggie came to my seat kneeling down and started to take my lunch order.

“Mr. UMD, have you had a chance to look at our menu? What would you like for lunch?”

“What do you think? I was looking at both the Japanese set and the European set. Which one is better?”

“Both are good. If you want the European meal, I would recommend you go for the smoked salmon as the starter. I like it a lot. For the main, I like both the lamb rack and the smoked duck. The Japanese set is very good. Our Wagyu asparagus is very good,” Anggie suggested.

“It is actually very difficult to choose for me. Looks like everything is good but I am leaning towards the Japanese set meal but I like lamb a lot”
“If you really like lamb so much, why don’t you go with the Japanese set meal and I also order the lamb for you too. Our chef can do it for you. You are flying First Class anyway, you can order anything on the menu,” said Anggie.

“Ok. Just go with what you suggested then.”

Soon after, Angie came over with my Champagne and the caviar service.
“Where is the Kerupuk?”

“The chef found out that the Kerupuk is not of good quality today so he decided not to serve the Kerupuk,” replied Anggie apologetically. I later learned from the purser that Kerupuk that they uploaded at NRT had not been fried the right way.

My Champagne was topped up at least twice more by Anggie before I told her that I would like to switch to genmai cha for my beverage with my lunch.

Lunch started about 45 minutes after take-off and it took about 1 hour to finish the entire course.

Everything was delicious especially the Wagyu asparagus wraps and the Seabream somen soup. The lamb was tender and good too but no to the level of how I liked the Wagyu asparagus. The dessert was extremely delicious. I just wished the chef had put a bigger scoop of maple ice cream on my desert.

I was so full after the meal service. I told Anggie that I probably should not have had ordered the lamb. She told me not to worry. She said flying made people hungry and that It happened to her all the time. She said she was happy to see that I enjoyed my food so much.

The cabin was then cleared up so we could go to rest. Sherina came over and asked if I would like to change into my pajamas and that if I wanted my seat to convert to bed. I told her I didn’t need the seat to be set up as I was not yet tired. As for the pajamas, I asked if I could just take them home with me.

“Of course, you can. Mr. UMD,” said Sherina happily. “Do you also need 1 for your wife at home?”

Sherina then also asked for my passport so she could help me with the immigration on board.

Soon, the cabin light was deemed and the mood lighting was up. I decided to watch 1 episode of ‘Modern Family’ on the entertainment system. Sherina came over again and asked if I wanted anything to drink while I was watching the show. I told her I was fine.