FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Like" Button?
Thread: "Like" Button?
View Single Post
Old Sep 17, 2013, 6:04 pm
HansGolden

Programs: AA ExP
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
And implying that a simple like will solve everything isn't very persuasive to me.

Some will like like & do it; others won't & will still do +1. To imply that +1 doesn't provide positive feedback is inaccurate. Bit silly to think otherwise.
I should have said this the first time around; I was thinking it, but tried to avoid saying it outright, hoping you'd get the hint and notice what you're doing.

That's a strawman. No one has said 100% of people will never make a +1 post again. What I (and others) have been saying is that a large majority will indeed click "+1" or click "Like" instead of posting a reply with the typed out letters "+1". Also, no one has said typing out +1 does not provide positive feedback.

(Wikipedia: "A straw man or straw person, also known in the UK as an Aunt Sally, is a type of argument and is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position. To "attack a straw man" is to create the illusion of having refuted a proposition by replacing it with a superficially similar yet unequivalent proposition (the "straw man"), and to refute it, without ever having actually refuted the original position. This technique has been used throughout history in polemical debate, particularly in arguments about highly charged, emotional issues.")

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I won't be voting for the big yellow thing you've got going there.
I wouldn't either.