FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Manufacturing spend on PRG with little time
Old Sep 17, 2013, 10:03 am
nayrb3

Manufacturing spend on PRG with little time

My unlimited BCP is up next week and I am debating about which card to use to manufacture spend with. I am aware there is already a thread about which card to use, goals, etc. but my question comes with regard to the Amex PRG.

My wife signed up for the Amex PRG in Feb when the bonus was 50k. We met the spend and have used it sparingly once GC's could have PIN's April 1 since the BCP was a much better option. I am trying to figure out if I will have enough time to between Oct 1 (bluebird resets) and Feb 5 to meet the 30k spend (2x on groceries obv) to get the extra 15k MR's, while avoiding the annual fee. I'm pretty sure MR's are posted a month in the rear, so if I do 10k in Oct, Nov, Dec will the points post and still avoid the annual fee. I have also read that it is 30k spend per calendar year to get the extra 15k MR's, which would be cutting it pretty close. I don't want to spend 30k, then try to close in Feb and the MR's not post and have to forfeit them.

Thanks for your help.