FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any experience with unlocking iPhone 4 for extended stay in Italy
Old Sep 16, 2013, 10:00 pm
JMN57

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Perche
I don't think that I could use a near-tablet size phone. This will not be for vacation, so my pants will be filled with keys, wallet, etc, while taking the metro to and from work. I guess I'm going to need to find a very inexpensive phone with a pay as you go plan. I won't be paged or called often, it's just that when I do get paged I have to respond right away, and there also has to be a number where people can phone me at any time, no matter where I am, not just when I'm at an internet point and available by Skype.
I posted some comments on the Mega in FT's Technology board. If you are coming from a phone, it will seem big. I was traveling with a Nexus 7 and a smartphone so combining the two is much more compact and the Mega is much smaller than the N7 even though the screen is only .7" (7 to 6.3) smaller. It fits comfortably into my pants pocket, breast pocket of jacket, etc. So from my perspective it is quite reasonable but I do understand that it may not be everyone's bicchiere di amaro.