FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lapchild fee not charged at booking - should UA honor booking? [Consolidated]
Old Sep 16, 2013, 11:59 am
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by bandana1948
If United.com priced our itinerary based on 2 adults and one lap child, and I agreed to that price and paid what was asked of me, how is it fair to ask me to pay extra after the fact? And that, too, only after I went digging.

Are you suggesting I should not trust United.com's quoted fares?
Ok my last try, you walk into say Best Buy and tell the guy you want 3 flat screen TVs he writes it down and tells you as hes getting them to go pay for them.You hand the cashier the slip and she ends up charging you for 2 even thou its clearly written 3.

The guy brings them to you and you show him you paid for them as you leave the alarm goes off and the guard checks everything and sees you were charged only for 2 TVs even thou the slip shows you asked for and were given 3. I guess according to the way you are thinking Best Buy has to give you that 3rd TV for free, since you asked for 3 and that was what was written on the paper you gave the cashier when you went to pay.

You ordered 3 TVs , 3 TVs was written down but in the end you were charged for only 2, do you really think BB is gonna say we messed up the 3rd is on the house. You asked for 3 , our sales person wrote down 3 but our cashier only charged you for 2,its out loss. they will apologize but you wont be leaving the store with TV #3 unless you hand over your CC again.Period

I guess you wont be flying anywhere if you really think UA is gonna eat this 1, hey if you can convince them to eat it all the power to you