FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lapchild fee not charged at booking - should UA honor booking? [Consolidated]
Old Sep 16, 2013, 11:13 am
RoyalFlush

Programs: IHG Plat, HH D, UA GS, Perm BonVoyed
Originally Posted by mgcsinc
Jesus. The OP told the website what he wanted, and he thought it gave it to him. Not everyone has the interest to sit and learn the ins and outs. People should be able to just go to the website and expect it to work.
Could not have said it better myself.

Originally Posted by bandana1948
I did not slip up, as some commentators here have suggested.

All three passengers were clearly indicated at the time of booking. When I "view" the booking online, my child's name is indicated as a passenger with a seat assignment that says "In Adult's lap". Air Canada, the first carrier in this itinerary, has a record of my daughter in their system, but sees that no ticket has been issued to her.

United.com indicated on its website that the fares/fees etc. for ALL of the passengers would be indicated on the final page, just before I had to make payment.

I received a quote, and paid what it quoted. I had no reason to second guess United's quote, to contemplate even for a moment if it was a mistake, or feel the need to follow up with United.

My only experience traveling with my daughter has been on a domestic segment for which she did not need a ticket.

Some commentators seem to suggest it is my fault and not United's; that I ought to have known better; that it is not too late to fork out more money.

I respectfully disagree.
Thanks for posting. I strongly disagree with what some posters up thread say.

FWIW, I constantly check and re-check my itineraries for schedule changes, irregularities, etc. Especially when not a simple domestic (U.S.) flight.