FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What do you think of this in hotels?
View Single Post
Old Sep 15, 2013, 8:55 pm
DenverBrian
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by tdml68
To the question about "boogers" on the remotes, a simple wipe from housekeeping to remove the objects that are stuck and let the CleanremoteUV kill the germs.

To clean the CleanremoteUV, housekeeping wipes the outside as they already do with everything else.
Um, what do you think housekeeping is wiping the outside with? Answer: a rag with disinfecting spray. So why then would a hotelier invest the extra money and time to "disinfect" the remote a second time?

Cost to the hotel for two years is .27 cents per day and after that. How much does housekeeping waste in wipes and labor? Certainly more than .27 per day.
Um, no. And I hope you mean less than three tenths of a cent per day per room. That's $236 a year for a 300 room property at 80% occupancy. If it's actually 27 cents a day per room, you're dead in the water.

Yes, it does require an A/C plug and if the hotel can't find another spot for the plug, I do not think that is a deal breaker. If Hilton or the Four Seasons see the benefit of this product, I think finding a plug is not going to be an issue.
Does this mean you have signed contracts with Hilton and Four Seasons system-wide? Or contracts with one or two hotels that happen to be branded Hilton or FS? Or just talks? And yes, finding a plug can be a HUGE issue at many hotels.