FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex (USA) refuses to honor signup bonus [Consolidated]
Old Sep 15, 2013, 7:59 am
bulterleman

Help: Amex Does Not Acknowledge Sign-up Bonus

FlyerTalkers, I need help with regards to my recent application of Amex Delta Gold Card.

I applied through https://www.deltaamexcard.com/. After I put in my SkyMiles # and last name, I found a targeted offer that spending $750 in the first 3 months will generate 35,000 miles. I went on with the offer and got the card approved. I kept the screenshot in case Amex refused to give me the bonus.

After spending $ 750, I contacted Amex Delta Gold Card representatives to inquire when the sign-up bonus would be posted. He told me I was only eligible for the offer 10,000 miles after first purchase, which everyone can see from the website. I ask him to further investigate.

Amex Marketing Team got back to me stating that I was not eligible. I provided the offer ID (POID) and asked to further investigate. The answer is still no.

Amex declined to provide me any email address/fax number that I can send out my screenshot. The last representative politely said: "I am very sorry that there is no way you can communicate with the marketing team and send your screenshot. If they determined you were not eligible, you are not eligible."

If anyone has the similar experience, please advise how do I proceed?

Thanks!