FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)
Old Sep 14, 2013, 7:26 pm
jennbar

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
The status match list did not include Fairmont as well. Hyatt did match Fairmont. I showed 50+ nights stay with proof of elite status. Funny, looks like I may end up doing 70 nights next year. I'm trying to spend 20k per year so that I can reach lifetime diamond in ten years. I usually look for the best rate plus upgrade as I'm not sure if the program will get enhanced negatively. So I don't want to look back if something happens and say to myself, gee, I overspent here and here. How dare these changes happen. I want to be happ and content when I finish a stay with no regrets.
I am really working Hyatt with this and I am quite frustrated. I am showing night stays and platinum status with Le Accor Hotels. I quite frankly broke everything down and simply said I am just looking for a challenge that will only benefit you (Hyatt). I don't want any diamond incentives while I am a part of the challenge, I simply want the opportunity to stay 12 nights in 60 days. If I can do it, I can and will retain diamond year after year.

I also stated that I am not a weekly traveler; however, it is picking up lately. For example, I've had three stays within the last two months and have 4 stays in the upcoming month. I am also hosting a large party at the Hyatt Regency in Chicago this coming weekend (didn't mention). I mentioned that I do not see a time where I can retain a premium status with the four stated brands when I have all Hyatt's lined up.

It is basically a benefit to them to let me do a simple challenge. Yes, could I work on doing 50 nights next year, sure. But I do not feel bad that I want to do it this way and I think that I should be able to just because I don't have the four exact brands they request.

I may be far fetched, but I'm fighting so hard!

And PS: the reason I am fighting so hard is because I'd really like platinum MLife status for NYE this year!