FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Jet airways one way upgrade cost LHR-BOM from Y
Old Sep 14, 2013, 1:31 pm
Keyser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by flyby747
Agree, most airlines realise that demand for 'upgrades' and flying in premier class is now a common man's wishfull thinking behind joining loyalty and frequent flyer programs. In other words, any TD-n-H who flies with a FF program on any airline would be looking to upgrade as long as he has miles. I can certainly say that most airline companies want to off-segment such customers. I know that BA checkin staffs are specifically trained to discourage and turn-down BA-Blue customers asking for upgrades at the counter.
Though I do not know JET's strategy, it is possible that Keyser and SuperFlyboy were turned down becuase of that.
i don't think anyone has an idea what jet's strategy is....i've been top tier with jet for over 8 years now, flying 100-120 flights a year....my wife on the other hand has been either blue plus or silver for the same time period, flying 10-15 flights a year....jet treats us both the same....

i'm mostly traveling in business but the times i have traveled in economy i've asked for upsell/upgrades everytime....90% of the time i have been turned down even though there have been empty seats in business....