FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Leipzig, Germany [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Sep 14, 2013, 3:38 am
demue

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Well, I love the Deluxe Suites and I always have had the opportunity to get enough beer until 7 pm. The view is great, however, my Westin rate is 79 Euro all in, so this is somehow unbeatable by other properties
Hmm I guess our corp rate of around 95 Euro without breakfast and all for a Deluxe room pretty much suc*s then (Marriott is 89 Euro incl. breakfast). Wondering how everyone manages to get such low rates. Oh well, saw that the advance rate dropped from 95 to 76 Euro in the last few weeks, but that's for a Classic room without anything Maybe it'll get cheaper still, I'll keep an eye on it.

Anyways, I grew up getting special treat meals at the Hotel Merkur (old name during GDR times) so it will be nice to bring back some memories though the German & Italian restaurants plus the "intershop" are long gone I'm only SPG Corp Preferred (like SPG Gold, but no 3x points) so at max. I'm hoping to get an upgrade from Deluxe to Grand Deluxe with the Heavenly Bed. A few extra points into my meager SPG balance will be nice though annoying that this Westin (like others in Germany) always seems to be excluded from the global SPG promos.

Does anyone know if they offer the "Make a Green Choice" option where you skip house keeping and can get 500 SPG points per night (minus departure night) instead? Thanks.

Last edited by demue; Sep 14, 2013 at 3:56 am