FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LM Newbie Lounge: Ask your Questions Here (Flame Free)
Old Sep 13, 2013, 11:00 pm
yerffej201

Originally Posted by theglutton87
Hey guys,

Maybe a vague question(s) here but here goes.

I have recent started looking and become interested in the world of cheap(er) business and first class flights. I was directed to LM as a decent program to start with for the buy miles and add cash tactic to avail of cheaper business and first class flights. If I am willing to wait for a promo for 2x1 bonus, then I save even more. Correct?

1. How much cheaper is it to book flights this way compared to using a service like skyscanner and ebookers without the 2x1 promotion?

2. What other programs and resources other can LM can I read and use to avail of the same with different airlines?

3. What is the best way to get the max value out of my flights and points ? I have no commitments and don't care where I fly. What would be the best way to book and get the cheapest flight to X destination. Is booking in advance or late the best strategy?

4. Is there any essential reading on the forum or other forums so I can broaden my knowledge of ways to save money and reap business and first class travel?

Thanks and sorry for being such a n00b
1. Depends on the flights.
2. All points programs with sales (US Airways, etc.)
3. Max value depends on how you put value on tickets.
4. The f and j thread here.