FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What to do with/how to use XXX miles?
View Single Post
Old Sep 13, 2013, 6:17 pm
Yi Xiong

Originally Posted by KenInEscazu
I'm sorry that you are suffering from this. It doesn't have to be an entire loss.

1. Just buy a magazine subscription, and iTunes song, or something equally small every 17 months. Activity every 18 months keeps your miles from expiring.
2. Consider getting a Chase credit card with the United branding. That works to keep the account posting new activity, thus no expiration.
3. Combine the two (MileagePlus shopping and a Chase card) and save the miles for a future trip that you value. UA flies to a whole lot of places, so 8000 miles is a good start to a special vacation later.
4. Need more miles to make your AeroPlan status? Two words: Mileage run. It's early September, so you have about 3 months to look for deals before the Christmas season starts to make flying cost prohibitive. I've had good MR opportunities come up as late as the first week in December some years.

If you figure out how to automatically log in in FireFox, Chrome or Safari, please share that with me. I have tried, and I can't make it happen on purpose. I would really like to know how to accidentally set that up!

Best of luck to you. May this be an opening door rather than a closing one. Two programs can be better than one in some cases, and this may just be one of those cases.
Thank you so much for the good tips.

Here I am trying to explain how dose firefox work on cookies.
first, open a firefox browser, at the left side of the URL there will be a Lock sign(pic 1), click on it, it will show a pop window, then click on "more information",there will be another pop window, there are two button permission and security(pic 2), you will find the some options to choose to store the cookies of the website.
after these setting's done, restart firefox and go to www.united.com, when you log in, there will be a warning window pop up to ask you whether you want to store the username and password, sth like this, if you choose to remember, then next time you visit united.com, you should see those account info showing on the webpage(pic 3)

hope you could understand my words, good luck!

Last edited by Yi Xiong; Sep 13, 2013 at 7:16 pm