FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Jet airways one way upgrade cost LHR-BOM from Y
Old Sep 13, 2013, 7:42 am
flyby747

Programs: MHC/5280AGL ; list too long to be boastful ;-)
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Premier load was less then 50% that day.

That is a steal. Can I ask who did you question about the up sell? Check-in or ticketing? I asked at check-in and the Airport manager who both said they stopped this a while back.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying its not possible but I have been through LHR twice in the last 6 months and both times I was told its no longer offered.

Jet return to India is around £2,000 in Premiere. If you take away the Economy fare from that you are looking at roughly £1,500 r/t for the up sell to premiere which is double what you paid for a one way upgrade.

Since you were looking for J to F upsell, it is the load on F that matters, not on premier cabins.

You are right, the average cost of LHR-BOM return in J is aroung £2K.
However, the original Y ticket that I was holding was not booked by me, and also a restricted and discounted fare. So the only option I had is of getting an upgrade at airport counter.

I know £699 one way upgrade is not a good deal. but considering the total came under a grand I think it is still worth. Given that I am not even a Jet privilage member and now that I have flown once, I would not want to become one becuase of the way they have designed their premier cabin switches and lights!