FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bizarre and painful new passport restrictions in T5 for hand-baggage travellers
Old Sep 11, 2013, 11:38 am
San Gottardo

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
What? What's gotten into them? This is completely idiotic as it adds another stop on the way to the plane.

Moreoever, the one important piece of info was missing though: until when do you have to re-print your boarding pass/have your ID checked? One of the niceties of having the BP on your mobile or a printout in your pocket is that check-in deadlines no longer matter. Just be on time at the gate. Will the new rule mean that the ID check/re-printing of the BP will have to be done by the CKI deadline? I am afraid so, which would be seriously

If they absolutely want to check ID before letting people through security, why don't they do what other airports do: for instance DXB or airports in the US: you bring your own BP (mobile, printout) and your ID to security, it's being checked there and then, and all is well. No worrying about check-in deadline, no extra queue, just showing that ID that you brought anyway at the same time as your BP when you go through security anyway.

I am not sure why this ID check is required, but fair enough. But I really don't understand why they have opted for the most annoying way of doing it.