FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bizarre and painful new passport restrictions in T5 for hand-baggage travellers
Old Sep 11, 2013, 10:38 am
jcm9000

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
I heard over the tannoy while waiting for the inlaws to arrive last week at GCM that anyone waiting to board the returning BA flight to LHR and had checked in online had to go to the desk to get their passports re-checked. Just thought it was a new cayman funny. Guess not!

EDIT - ps maybe BA listened to someone on here - i assume it is all about making sure people that OLCI are actually at the airport for their flight. Recent thread on here about delays caused by bags having to be unloaded due to pax not turning up for their flight (for various reasons of course, but im sure OLCI and sleeping in / car breaking down etc is a major factor - and also would require they checked their bags the night before where allowed...but you get my point!). I foresee many many people getting unloaded from their flights and their seats being given away not knowing that they have to effectively re-check in, and they don't find out until they go to board and their BP is refused and their seats given away. People still struggle with the requirements of going through security!!

Last edited by jcm9000; Sep 11, 2013 at 10:58 am