FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tea?
Thread: Tea?
View Single Post
Old Sep 11, 2013, 10:21 am
BigRedBears

Originally Posted by obscure2k
That is delicious tea.
It's a girl's tea. Of course there is nothing wrong with that.

---

Harney and Sons sells some great teas. I have a number of them

1) Black teas:
I haven't had great luck with their black teas. I suspect I might have tried wrong ones East Frisian black tea is the only exception and is perfect for cold winter mornings.

I do like Black Dragon Pearls, Keemun Mao Feng, and Yunnan Golden Halo from Sullivan Street Company (www.onsullivan.com). For those who live in NYC they have a shop in West Village... on Sullivan Street.

Söderblandning (Swedish mistake tea) is nice, you can buy at in many places online or your local Scandinavian culture house.

Back to Harney and Sons. I would avoid their cheap flavored black teas, e.g. black currant or chocolate.

2) Oolongs:
Harney and Sons shines here.

Li Shan (don't confuse with Ali San) is my favourite, but it can get expensive at $190/lb.
For a cheaper version, go for Pomegranate Oolong. They used premium Ti Quan Yin as a base tea and add slight flavoring.

Harney and Sons also sells Milk Oolong. They are one of the shops that don't add flavoring to it, which is rare and proper way to do it.

---

Do not buy Teavana teas. They label them as organic, but there has been a huge scandal about amount of pesticides in their teas. Some exceed EU/US regulations by 1000%