FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Saver Award Availability: How does it vary by elite level?
Old Sep 10, 2013, 7:32 am
FlyWorld

Originally Posted by psfcfa
Huh? How does one log in at the second level?
I think what OP is describing is a unique "feature" of CO's web site that operates like this:

1. If you've never logged in, you get one set of behaviors,
2. If you have logged in, then you leave, and come back, the site knows who you are, and then you get a different set of behaviors,
3. If you log out then log back in, in the same session, such that you actively entered your password in the current session, then you get a third set of behaviors.

I posted a whole thread about this topic a couple months ago documenting specific behavioral differences I encountered in these 3 scenarios regarding saver fare availability.

Originally Posted by raehl311
I think the benefit is actually limited to greater availability of domestic Y saver awards. Can't say I've ever seen anything better internationally or in F, but I did book some (last-minute funeral-related) tickets in May? in saver Y that were not available if I wasn't logged in to my 1K account.

That said, I guess I don't know they wouldn't have been available to a Silver.
That's the key point here. My research is suggesting that there is no incremental benefit to having status above Silver in regards to award availability. There are benefits for being an "elite" in terms of availability, for sure, and especially in X/XN (saver Y that you mention). But, there does not seem to be any availability related benefit to having status above Silver.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Sep 10, 2013 at 7:56 am Reason: merge