FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - American AA vs. United UA [Consolidated]
View Single Post
Old Sep 10, 2013, 6:56 am
FlyAO2

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by Deltamaybe
I will end up this year without about 90K MQM on Delta. My company has re-prioritized its favored airlines with Delta falling to the bottom, unless it is cheaper, which is rarer and rarer. I fly from the NYC area, but prefer not to fly from EWR. My main trips are to SFO (monthly), BNA, MEM, MCI, ORD, MSP. I need to choose a new airline to focus my effort and money on. I should be able to get a status match. What do people recommend? I realize this is odd on a Delta thread, but I like the Delta FF program so I figure those who also like might have a more objective view of UA or AA programs.
I too am stuck in this unfortunate set of circumstances. We too lost our contracted fares with DL which is bizarre given that our AA prices didn't go down one red cent - guess there is some bigger kickback on the back end.

EWR is not really a viable choice for me given that I live in Westchester so I have had to make the switch back to AA. Frankly it isn't great, but such is life. AA has so far treated me well, but there are significantly less routes where they fly directly and the $30 x 500 miles to upgrade is VERY annoying