FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)
Old Sep 8, 2013, 8:24 pm
LongviewTX

Originally Posted by swag
There are 3 ways to change times on an award ticket.
2. Same day confirmed. $75 fee, based on availability (not last-seat availability). Available on paid, AA award, or Avios. Available regardless of status.
3. Standby. Free. Offers last-seat, but last-minute availability. Available on paid, AA award, or Avios, but only available if the traveler has elite status on AA or OneWorld.
Thanks for the detailed reponse.

Do I imply correctly from #2 that the $75 fee is not waived for elites (if an elite chooses to go #2 instead of #3)?

What are the conditions to get the standby (assuming you have the elite status)? I assume you have to physically be in the airport and can only do that X hours before the flight? Any other conditions - like the flight should be full (i.e. the airline cannot "confirm" you)?

And one more related question when I started to think about your answers more deeply - can "Same day confirmed" only be requested on that same date? Or if you let's say have a 9/20 3:30pm flight, can you request "same day confirmed" change to a 9/20 1:30pm flight a couple of days earlier on 9/18 (9/18 is the physical day the request is made)?