FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Million Miler Sues United [Judgment for UA Jan 2014] Judgment Affirmed Dec 2014
Old Sep 8, 2013, 9:39 am
Fredd

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by pdx1M
For any of the US airline programs the tiers are defined by a number of qualifying miles flown. That is the criteria that gets you a given level.
Originally Posted by Fredd
Could you please remind me how many miles a customer has to fly in order to gain membership in UA's Global Services Program?
Originally Posted by pdx1M
Oh come on - rhetorical questions like that? Really? We both know it doesn't even rate an answer...
Let me put it in less rhetorical terms then. To respond to your blanket statement, I am pointing out a couple of exceptions.

At least two such programs may be found in UA's own literature.

One is the Million Miler Program (formerly titled Million Miles and Beyond), and another is the Global Services Program.

To the best of my knowledge, to maintain membership in either of these programs does not require an individual to fly any particular number of qualifying miles. In fact, one can maintain membership in either program (to the extent we understand the secretive terms of membership for GS) without flying any qualifying miles.

I'm not playing "gotcha" with you. IMHO it's significant that UA admits in its own literature that its Million Miler Program is something of a separate entity from, i.e. "over and above," MP. IMHO it's a point that lawyers can argue profitably.

But then I'm not a lawyer, nor do lawyers consult my schnoz.

Last edited by Fredd; Sep 8, 2013 at 9:51 am Reason: clarification / link added