FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Holiday Inn Waikiki Beachcomber Resort (Master Thread)
Old Sep 5, 2013, 7:11 pm
nothingclever

Programs: UA Gold & multiple hotel programs
Just some general data from my stay -

Recently traded in some Priority Club points for a room over the Labor Day weekend (8/31 – 9/3). As a platinum level, I was provided coupons for two bottles of water, a 10% off certificate for use at Macy’s (in the building) and a coupon book for restaurants and shops located in the Outrigger hotels. No chocolate covered macadamia nuts for me. Side note - they were aware of the platinum level as they thanked me each time I spoke with anyone at the front desk.

1117 (I think this is the room number) – The first room was located directly across from the elevator bank. It was a king bed partial ocean view. It did have a decent view once you went out on to the balcony. It also overlooked a number of air conditioning units. Since I am a light sleeper, I asked to be moved away from the elevator. I was moved to …

701 – This room may or may not have been considered a partial ocean view. One could peek through the buildings and trees to see a bit of the ocean. The room was located over/next to the International Marketplace, which offered plenty of entertainment for the guests on this side of the building. Elvis impersonators, Hawaiian singers, etc. were easily heard with the windows closed. The entertainment did stop right around 10:00 each night.

Good thing to have ear plugs at this hotel. If you forget yours, they also sell them in the gift shop.

During the afternoon prior to my departure day, I did ask about the possibility of a late checkout. The manager on duty was at the desk when I asked, so he first advised that I would have to wait until the day of checkout. I then asked what the normal late checkout time would be (if offered). He decided to take a look at occupancy levels just to get a feel. Based on the occupancy level, he thought that a late checkout would not be an issue. He also offered a rate of $30.00 which would allow for a check out at 5:00 PM.