FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What to do for four hours at HKG airport (after arriving)?
Old Sep 5, 2013, 6:31 am
QRC3288

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by afuturefrequentflyer
Hi guys,

I'll be flying CX for the first time, and going to HKG for the first time ! I'll be flying in J, and will be arriving in HKG late in the afternoon.

When I arrive however, I have to wait for another pax, who won't be arriving for another three to four hours. Thus, if you could share you wisdom about some fun things to do at HKG airport during that three to four hour wait that would be very helpful!

I believe I have access to CX's The Arrival Lounge, but I'm not sure about the others (Pier, Cabin etc.) as HKG is my final destination. Is there anything else that I should keep an eye out for?

Thanks
there's a nifty 9 hole golf course attached to the airport complex. It's about $400 HKD to play (cheaper at night, or if you're "airport staff" - which they consider all Marco Polo Club members). You also save $20 or $40 something if you're a HK resident. Free shuttle to/from the airport just call them to arrange a time. http://www.nine-eagles.com/eng/. It's a 3-4 minute drive from the bus bay, which is located in Terminal 2 near The Arrival. You can rent clubs and golf shoes from them for a nominal fee if you don't have yours with you. 7 par 3s and 2 par 4s. Very narrow and although a few of the holes are ridiculously easy, they've got a few that can land you in trouble quickly if your shot isn't spot on (including a hole surrounded by water and another basically surrounded by traps). Quirky and fun, and reasonably well kept. Plus planes landing or taking off every few minutes. There are lockers and free showers at the course. They've also got a slight-overpriced but tasty Thai restaurant at the golf course. I know people who work in Central HK and go out to the airport course for just a few beers and Thai food. True story.

There's also a few decent restaurants and the lounge at the airport.

If you're looking for Chinese food there is actually quasi-decent dim sum at a place over in Terminal 2, as well as one upstairs on the departure level of Terminal 1. Crystal Jade is another Chinese option downstairs at the arrivals level of Terminal 1.