FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 5 days in LIM Sep/Oct. Considering overnight to Trujillo for Spring Festival
Old Sep 4, 2013, 11:57 am
EricJay

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, HH Diamond, UA Gold, WN A-List, Hertz 5*
Question 5 days in LIM Sep/Oct. Considering overnight to Trujillo for Spring Festival

My girlfriend and I will be in Lima at the end of the month; she is traveling for work and I am tagging along for leisure. Since her company booked travel on one airline and I am flying using miles on another, we arrive 3 hours apart on the night of Friday, Sep 26th.

I gather from some other threads here that we should either look for the Taxi Verde service or arrange for a car service in advance through our hotel (in Miraflores). Is there a better strategy I should be considering?

Saturday and Sunday we will be together in Lima, and I am sure we will find plenty to do/see. She will be working during the week, though, and I was thinking about visiting Trujillo to experience the Spring Festival, but had some questions:

1) Can anyone confirm that the festival will be going on at this time? I can't seem to find exact dates online.

2) I found an itinerary (Sun 29 Sep - Mon 30 Sep) for USD249 on TACA. Is there a better way to get to TRU?

3) Will it be difficult to find lodging in Trujillo at this point?

4) I studied Spanish in high school and college, but it's been many years and I don't remember very much at all. Will language barrier be a problem?

Thanks so much for your help!