FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian budget long-haul [news and experience reports]
Old Sep 4, 2013, 7:24 am
SusanDK

Originally Posted by chrisljo
While the economy offering seems a bit worse than SK (31" for instance, same as LH and BA) their premium (=Economy Plus) offering seems very competitive against other E+ (BA, SK, FI Saga etc) both on Seat pitch and width. The price is also lower.
I didn't actually find this to be true when I investigated the CPH-FLL option in premium economy vs. Icelandair business class CPH-SFB a few months ago. Icelandair business class was less expensive and fully flexible/refundable vs. the DY non-flexible price in premium economy. While FI's business class seat more resembles a premium economy seat on other major carriers, the service is business class and I'm guessing superior to DY's premium.

And with some FT-inspired creativity, it is possible to fly business class on a Star Alliance carrier for about the same price or a little less (although may lose that option if US leave Star for OneWorld, depending on the outcome of the merger with AA).

My excitement from up thread was quashed when I queried a potential connection with DY from CPH-MCO via OSL and found that it required a 5 1/2 hour layover on the outbound, and 6 hours 40 minutes on the return. Hopefully, DY will tweak some of their intra-Scandinavia schedules to achieve better connections by the time the TATL flights launch.

The infrequency of the flights could also be a concern in case of IRROPS as mentioned above.