FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Star Alliance Award Bookings Using US Airways Miles - FAQ and Help Thread [MERGED]
Old Sep 3, 2013, 6:59 pm
flashware

I have a quick question re: luggage allowance. Is the whole itinerary (regardless of carrier) based on the first carrier you start on?

Reason I ask is we started on Thai F (so 40kg), however have a leg in C PER-SIN (as no F out of PER) which is only 30kg on SQ.

Should I still be entitled to my 40kg? (after SIN doing UA F SIN-HKG, then TG F HKG-BKK-CDG. On the TG site it states "4.In case of travel on combined services for through journeys where the passenger travels partly on F-class and partly on C-, U-, or Y-class, the free baggage allowance applicable on each sector of the trip shall be that applicable to the class of service for which the fare is paid. In case the passenger who has paid F-class fare travels on C-, U- or Y-class, the free baggage allowance shall be that applicable to F-class." however it doesn't mention multiple carriers.

I want to take my golf clubs back to London with me and if I'm stuck with just 30kg on SQ then it's going to be a problem...!