FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Confirmed: KLM introduces Economy Comfort short-haul
Old Sep 3, 2013, 1:58 pm
redtailshark
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
Originally Posted by johan rebel
I know this is not really the proper thread, and I also know that one swallow does not a summer make, but since I've mentioned that I would switch my commute to SK here several times, I thought I would post some brief first impressions.

- OLCI. SK's android app is nothing fancy, but it seems to do the job. It actually shows a seat map without making you jump through hoops several times, and there is none of this EC nonsense.

- Fast Track. SK has its own dedicated CPH security checkpoint, but it may only be used by premium pax and Eurobonus Gold. Regular security also has Fast Track lanes for participating airlines, but that doesn't work if you are flying SK. Star Alliance Gold will therefore not get you into any Fast Track lane if you are flying SK. So much for reciprocity and seamless alliance benefits.

- Lounge. It won't come as a surprise that the Novia lounge can't hold a candle to SK's. The latter even has a whole floor reserved for *G passengers. As far as amenities go, the differences appear to be minimal, but the *G floor is much quieter. The catering selection is not much different from what the Crown Lounges offer, but quality is substantially higher (I admit to not having tasted everything. Breakfast was replaced by lunch whilst I was there, and there are limits to how much I can eat.

- Boarding. No priority boarding, but the whole process was very smooth and quick. The incoming aircraft was late, but they managed to turn it around in 24 minutes: 4 minutes for disembarkation via the integral stairs and apron; 2 minutes for cleaning (really, I timed it, and they managed to fill two big bags with trash in that time); 6 minutes for the crew change; and 12 minutes to board 80+ pax. I should like to see KL do that.

-In flight. Apart from a few pax in SAS Plus (SK's reinvention of KL's Europe Select wheel), I was the only one with a vacant adjacent seat. Pure luck, I presume. After the lounge visit there was no way I was going to buy anything from the menu, but the selection looked OK. Sure beats KL's E-number snacks. Coffee and tea were free, but I don't drink that stuff. Despite a slightly late departure, we arrived 13 minutes early.

All in all, the experience was not disappointing.

Johan
The SK lounge at CPH is one of the best I've been to. It is best in class with no ironic DL SM stars.

Can't speak for SK onboard yet...I flew Cimber's RJ while they were still in business but that ride sucked as bad as every other CR2 ride.