FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hampton by Hilton Berlin City West {DEU}
View Single Post
Old Sep 3, 2013, 1:32 am
pilotchrisg

Programs: AA EXP; Hilton Gold; Marriott Platinum; AA 2+MM; National Exec Elite
Public transportation was easy & inexpensive to the Hampton

Originally Posted by mot29
If you are flying to TXL, this hotel is outstanding. About a 5 minute walk to the bus 109 stop and the Unlandstrasse terminus of the U1 subway line. The 109 is direct to TXL, not an express, but probably about 20 minutes and runs frequently.
From the hotel www site --
Public Transport

From Berlin Tegel (TXL) airport, use bus 109 torwards S+U Zoologischer Garten via Kurfürstendamm. Get off at U-Bahnhof (subway station) Uhlandstraße and cross Kurfürstendamm towards – you should have a BMW dealership on the right-hand-side. Walk down the street for approximately 200 meters – we are located right behind the bridge.
I arrived at TXL this past Sunday night. I elected to ask someone at the information counter the best way to get to the Hampton Berlin West. They also stated Bus 109, which truly was just an easy 5 minute walk. The rate is 2.60 Euro for adults, and 1.60 Euro for children under 14. The bus was clean, the ride was relatively quick (less than 25 min), and hotel was easy to find (about another 5 min walk from the bus exit). I'm glad we chose this option as I was being quoted 45 Euro's each way via Taxi, and by using Bus 109, with 2 adults & 2 kids we spent only 8.40 Euro each way. Also the Bus frequency is quite good. Runs every 10 minutes. Highly recommend.