FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Out of Luck in Scotland?
View Single Post
Old Sep 2, 2013, 10:21 am
joker545

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA Prem Plat
Hey everyone, just want to thank you each for your insights. In the end, my bag never showed up in Aberdeen (and still hasn't...). After returning to the airport Sat AM and seeing there was still no sign of the bag, I was tempted to just have them rebook me back to Paris. In the end, I'm glad I stayed and got a few rounds in at Carnoustie (Championship course) and St. Andrews (Jubilee course). Not quite as good as the itinerary I had planned, but certainly better than nothing.

As for the lost bag...well, it's still lost. BA called as I was teeing off on Saturday to say it had been found at CDG and they'd be FWing it to ABZ, however when I finished my round and called to check-in, I learned the bag had been "misplaced" again. It was then re-found at LHR Sunday afternoon and could be delivered to ABZ on Monday (today). As I was returning to CDG on Monday (and am at home now), I requested the bag just be returned to CDG instead. I then bought a change of clothes for the first time in 3 days (and will be sending BA the bill).

Apparently my bag was still sent to ABZ and arrived there this morning. I leave on my next trip on Wednesday AM, so we'll see if they actually come through with their promise to have it delivered tomorrow. I'm betting against it, but am still happy for the golf. Thanks again for the encouragement!

(last points...the Pinot Noir BA is currently offering in the LHR Galleries Lounge is excellent, and my total reimbursables for BA are about 300£ for the 3.5 days...will see what I end up getting back).