FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best tool to check and double-check routing rules? (discrep. btw EF & AA tariff)
Old Sep 2, 2013, 9:51 am
bedelman

I see. Is it possible for a person to review the original, in the same code in which airlines provide it? No doubt that's harder to understand, but I write software -- I think I can do it. The raw data might begin to provide some insight into which presentation of the underlying data is accurate.

Can anyone think of some official place where AA makes available these routing rules, separate from what I get by asking AA Tariff staff? Or other sources, beyond EF, so I can get a third opinion, fourth, etc.?

EF Voice: Note that AA's insertion says more than "that AA is the required carrier for to/from a USA gateway city for an AA fare." AA purports to require all-AA travel within area 1, which includes all of south america. So for this CDG-SCL ticket, the rule would prevent use of LA (excluding codeshares) on segments like EZE-SCL and the like.

I reviewed AA's International Tariff and found no provision there requiring all-AA travel within area 1. Maybe that's to be expected -- a rule in the international tariff would apply to all fares, whereas there are plenty of AA fares that allow other carriers within area 1. But that brings us back to the question of what provision (or computer-encoded provision) exists in the routing rules of this fare, and the surprise that AA decodes this differently than the very capable ExpertFlyer.