FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Star Alliance Award Bookings Using US Airways Miles - FAQ and Help Thread [MERGED]
Old Sep 2, 2013, 3:29 am
louie-m

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
woohoo!! that is great news and I'm guessing a huge relief for everyone!

I know this is a minor consequence but if your aunt is on the TG flight to CPH it will be on the new 777ER with full flat seats.
Absolutely an enormous relief, I thought she was up the creek without a paddle. Taking into account prepaid hotels, car hire, etc, it would have been a very expensive (and distressing) mistake. Kudos to US Airways, obviously they had no obligation to sort things out; I am really grateful to them.

Good news re the flat seats too.

Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
Wow louie that's amazing, what a relief! Now, make sure she's totally organised!
Lord only knows how we got into this mess - we had to book Rydges at SYD for Sunday night because we couldn't get her on to a flight from Adelaide that connected with the earlier Thai flight this morning, so how it slipped her mind that she'd been put on the earlier flight, I have no idea. Hubby thinks she must have printed out the original schedule and just followed that. No point having a post mortem now, but I've never thought of her as forgetful or confused before.

Anyway, she was bridesmaid to my in-laws whose diamond wedding anniversary is on Thursday. Assuming nothing else goes wrong, she'll be a surprise visitor to the celebration lunch that day (although somewhat tired no doubt!) - let's hope all goes OK and neither of the in-laws have a heart attack when they see her!!

Last edited by louie-m; Sep 2, 2013 at 4:10 am Reason: Spotted a typo and added a comment about US!