FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)
Old Sep 1, 2013, 8:44 pm
SFOPhD

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by peachfront
I did a search already and got a thread from 2007 so please don't yell, just direct me to the right place if my question is stupid. What's the difference between First and Business between North America and EZE. It looks like my choices from MSY go through DFW or MIA. I want a lie flat bed if possible. The price difference when I was searching today was $600 so trivial if I'm guaranteed a flat bed. But if business is also lie flat these days then I might as well save the money. Feel free to PM me a link etc. if the question is too stupid to address in the thread. Thanks.
The answer depends on your definition of "flat." DFW-EZE and MIA-EZE are both served by 777s (the old 777-200 ones, not the new 77W/777-300). Business is angled-lie flat. Almost horizontal, but at a slight ~10 degree angle. First is flat flat.

Here's a link to descriptions. There are other positive aspects to First, so it might be worth $600, but that's up to you:
http://www.aa.com/i18n/aboutUs/ourPlanes/boeing777.jsp

Last edited by SFOPhD; Sep 1, 2013 at 8:47 pm Reason: link