FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Driving NYC to Atlantic City - Sights/Tolls
Old Sep 1, 2013, 2:08 pm
AeroWesty

Driving NYC to Atlantic City - Sights/Tolls

Hi all,

It looks like I'll probably be in the Northeast in late October, with the option of taking the train from Manhattan to Atlantic City, or renting a car and driving. This will be on a weekday, and I've the entire day to make the trip. Since I found a one-way rate on carrentals.com for a Full Size from Budget (Impala or similar) for $79 all-in, including the drop-off charge, I thought I'd take advantage of the drive.

I read the wikipedia article about the Garden State Parkway, but it didn't have much info on what there might be worthwhile to stop and visit along the way. Does anyone have any suggestions for what might be noteworthy that I shouldn't find out later that I missed? Also any suggestions for a place to stop for lunch would be great, too, for seafood in particular.

I've also a question about the tollway—I'm assuming that if I bring a roll of quarters with me, that should take care of cash tolls along the way. Will that be enough?

Thanks very much.