FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Introducing: Mobile Check-In Exclusively at Marriott Hotels
Old Sep 1, 2013, 9:30 am
CJKatl

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by xtremeski2001
This is kind of my point .... you'd be behind me while they sort out all the things I've "found wrong" with my reservation in an effort to get your keys. Sure you saved yourself a minute, but you still have to wait for those in front of you to finish before you get your keys.

It would be great if there was a way to get the keys to your room like AVIS does at ORD and others.
I'd interrupt you and say to the Desk Clerk, "I checked in online." He/she would stop working with you and hand me my key. Just like they do now when they've checked you in ahead of time. I wouldn't stand in line waiting for you to finish changing rooms. I'm not seeing where there is an issue here. If you want to get upset about the desk clerk taking a few seconds to help another customer, frankly, who cares. You'd wind up spending more time complaining than you would have gained by the clerk not stopping. (Clerk spends fifteen seconds handing me the key, you spend at least minute talking about why this is wrong!)

Look at how much time the airlines have saved us by having mobile check-in. Remember when there used to be long lines at the front of the airport for check-in? Rather than looking for problems, why not see how it unfolds. Maybe, just maybe, Marriott knows more about hotel check-in that us, and maybe, just maybe, after testing this in several hotels, they've gotten the kinks out. (Yes, they've been testing this. I've stayed in a few hotels that have already had this up and running.)