FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Introducing: Mobile Check-In Exclusively at Marriott Hotels
Old Sep 1, 2013, 8:46 am
CJKatl

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by xtremeski2001
So even though you've checked-in via the app you still have to wait in line for your keys? Seems silly. I wonder what happens when I check-in and am not given a room with my bed type - they would have to check me in all over again I suspect.
Your concern rises to about the same level as "What do I do if my shoelace comes untied?" (Just to be on the safe side: You stop walking and tie your shoelace, ala Tanya Harding, minus the tears.)

If you don't get your room type, you will go to the counter and check in like you always checked in. If you don't want to participate in online check-in, out of fear that you might get the wrong room type, don't use it. It's optional. In fact, if your attitude is to find something wrong, it would probably be best for you to stand in line and wait for those of us who have used it to be handed our keys. It's really no different than hotels that check elites in ahead of time already. For example, the FS in Conshohocken and the Key Bridge Marriott already have separate desks where elites are already checked in and just handed keys.

It kinda reminds me of when I was a kid and one of the first ATM machines in the country (Rosie) opened in our town. People panicked over that, too.

Is the the cure for every person's every issue? No. But it makes sense for many of us in many situations.