FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Refused Access to Lounge on Paid J - How to deal with this
Old Sep 1, 2013, 4:10 am
GWH

Programs: LH SEN
I can understand the reasons that people come forward with to explain the lack of access to lounges.

I traveled with Lufthansa and the star alliance for ten years in all classes. I have entered lounges several hundred times, with paid and award tickets, with and without status.

Not once was I denied lounge access when entitled to it. Once there was a print out problem on the bar code of a boarding pass. I was courteously asked to stand at the side, while the lounge dragon tapped away on the computer and solved the problem. It took one minute. I was very happy.

I have been denied access at LHR arriving club world on BA and travelling on in domestic, same PNR. The treatment was curt and discourteous. Standing and discussing the point, while other passengers are passing is discomforting. I produced the MMB printout to no avail. Asked to see a supervisor, initial reaction as no entry in an off-hand manner. After requesting that the manual was looked at, there was a change of attitude and the comment that I would be allowed entry on this occasion. It took 10 minutes. No apology.

I did contact BA and received a bland reply and a complete lack of understating of the situation and the discomfort it creates.

It is sad this situation still continues.