FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Introducing: Mobile Check-In Exclusively at Marriott Hotels
Old Sep 1, 2013, 12:17 am
Red259

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by jgottlieb
If I read this right (and correct me if I'm wrong, I'm under the weather and may indeed have misread), with the new mobile app, you can check in at 4pm the day prior to your checkin day. Your keys will be waiting for you when you arrive.

Questions:
Where do room upgrades fit into this?
Do you still need to ask for them when you arrive?
Points or market item/credit...when's this handled?

Thanks for anyone in the know.
I Went through it once, but it was when I woke up at 430am and looked at my phone. Needless to say I fell back asleep after making the selections and only have a hazy recollection. What I remember is the check in and being able to select the time I will arrive by and then getting a confirmation that my room was ready. It didn't address the issue of upgrades and the one hotel I have gone through this process with did not have any upgrades for me when I arrived and asked. Whether I would have received an upgrade via the online feature if thy had one I am not sure. Later this week I have another stay with online checkin and will post my experience in detail now that I know what to look for. The hotel I did it through had someone give me the key and that is when they asked about points/gift, but I think other properties will handle it differently. There is a special line for people who checked in online and based on the survey I was given after this seems like a feature that will be common to all properties.