FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Istanbul - Old Town {TUR}
Old Aug 31, 2013, 11:28 pm
abaheti

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9930; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.580 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by Jorgen
I'm staying at this hotel with my friend. I'm flying in early in the day, she's flying in around 6pm. I'll be hanging around at the hotel when she arrives, but I need to figure out how to let her know the room number so I don't have to hang out in the foyer for hours. Neither of us has a phone that will work in Turkey, and her name isn't on the reservation.

Will they just give her my room number if she asks for it? Or can I just leave a message in her name at the reception desk?
As a general rule, a hotel won't (and shouldn't) give out a guest's room number. If she's staying in the room with you, you can have the front desk add her as a named guest on your record. You can let the front desk know that she is authorized to get a key by asking for the room under your name. Or, you can get an extra key made and leave an envelope with the front desk or concierge under her name. Hotels are used to this.

If she's not staying with you (or even if she is), you can just have her pick up a house phone or ask the front desk to be connected to your room by giving your name, then tell her the room number over the phone or go grab her in the lobby. Of course, if you know the rough time of her arrival, you can also just plan to meet her in the bar at the top of the hotel (that's how we met up with our friend); it is a pleasant place to wait.

I don't remember for sure, but I vaguely remember this hotel's elevator wanting you to swipe a room key to get to guest room floors. Not certain.

Last edited by abaheti; Sep 1, 2013 at 4:26 pm Reason: edits from Blackberry don't seem to stick... edit from PC