FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Refused Access to Lounge on Paid J - How to deal with this
Old Aug 31, 2013, 11:16 pm
binman

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by pomkiwi
Not in the same league but I can confirm that the staff at the entrance to GF were not at their most welcoming today. Mrs PK and I (both BA G card holders for a few months more) approached with our adult daughter (no status) I approached the desk and my BP was scanned followed by my daughter. The staff member looked at Mrs PK and then told me that I was only allowed to bring one guest into this lounge. I smiled and replied that Mrs PK was also a G card holder. 'Oh all right then' was the response. My wife was not spoken to nor welcomed at any point

Really not out of the top drawer of examples of how to make reasonably premium customers feel valued.

The guy tidying up just past the desks could not have been more charming or welcoming however....
This is rather typical of BA lounge dragons as they make assumptions. Lost count of how often the same remarks were made toe when itching up with wife and two kids ..... Everyone of whom has status.

The cleaners need to takeover running the lounges, far nicer wimple in every way.

Access issues at one world not confined to LHR. Have had issues in last week gaining access to HNL Sakura lounge and LAX admirals club when on international through tickets. Sorted out and no grief but staff don't seem to know rules.

Once in had to wonder why I bothered as both lounges pretty dire!