FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Star Alliance Award Bookings Using US Airways Miles - FAQ and Help Thread [MERGED]
Old Aug 31, 2013, 8:35 am
swdke

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA, DL, CO, UA, F9, AS, SPG, HHonors Gold, WN, Club Carlson Gold,
Anyone know about this situation? Thanks.

Using USAir miles, I am booked on award travel with United from DAY-EWR, and from EWR-CPH on SAS Airlines. I am concerned about my short layover connection time I have at EWR due to the historically poor flight time arrival/cancellations of the United DAY-EWR flight. Plus, I am booked on the last DAY-EWR flight available on United that day. Therefore, I was wondering on the day of travel, I assume I check-in on the United website, and if so, and if seats are available, can I take advantage of the option to fly DAY-EWR and pay the "same day" change fee for an earlier departing flight to EWR? Having booked with USAir miles, I didn't know if this made a difference or not. Thanks.

Originally Posted by swdke
Using USAir miles, I am booked on award travel with United from DAY-EWR, and from EWR-CPH on SAS Airlines. I am concerned about my short layover connection time I have at EWR due to the historically poor flight time arrival/cancellations of the United DAY-EWR flight. Plus, I am booked on the last DAY-EWR flight available on United that day. Therefore, I was wondering on the day of travel, I assume I check-in on the United website, and if so, and if seats are available, can I take advantage of the option to fly DAY-EWR and pay the "same day" change fee for an earlier departing flight to EWR? Having booked with USAir miles, I didn't know if this made a difference or not. Thanks.