FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Out of Luck in Scotland?
View Single Post
Old Aug 31, 2013, 2:45 am
joker545

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA Prem Plat
Out of Luck in Scotland?

With my wife out of town, I cashed in some Avios yesterday AM for a quick 3-day golf holiday to Scotland. Flying CDG-LHG-ABZ (with 75min connection at LHR T5), I arrived only to find that my single checked bag containing my clubs, shoes, clothes, etc. didn't make it. I waited for the last LHR flight to arrive with the hope my clubs would be on that one, but no luck.

While I was supposed to drive down to St. Andrews last night, play there at 7AM and then have a tee-time at Carnoustie at 15h this afternoon, I'm wondering what to do. I ended up booking a room at the ABZ Marriott Airport hotel and am about to head back to the airport to see if the BA counter has any news (the online tracking systems shows my bag still hasn't been located). Needless to say, going from a high level of excitement about the golf to just passing time waiting for my bag to show up isn't fun.

Any suggestions on what to do/how to approach BA? I suppose I could rent clubs at Carnoustie and buy an outfit/shoes in order to play (all I have with me are my travel clothes and briefcase)...my 175 pound tee-time this afternoon is non-refundable (though perhaps if I call and explain/provide documentation they'll make an exception).

I have no status with BA, but am Sapphire through AA (AA Plat).