FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel Safety in Mexico - Interesting Perspective(s)
Old Aug 30, 2013, 10:08 am
Section 107

Programs: enjoyed being warm spit for a few years on CO/UA but now nothing :(
Originally Posted by M60_to_LGA
Fwiw, I feel safer in DF than I do in Washington, DC. At least in the parts of DF where tourists are likely to be, there tend to be lots of people around most of the time - on the streets, in restaurants/bars, on public transportation, etc.

Obviously, wandering through sketchy neighborhoods like Tepito, or driving around random places in rural Mexico, things may be different. But in the main tourist areas, with a modicum of common sense, I think the risk of bad things happening to you is pretty low.

The biggest risk in my opinion is the drivers.
agreed on the assessment of Mexico.

But, I am curious, what parts of DC are you visiting where you dont feel safe? There sketchy parts of the city are in the SE and NE neighborhoods where there are absolutely no tourist destinations unless you are in search of good go-go music.

all the tourist areas are very safe and always have significant police presence. true, it wasnt enough to prevent the crazy lady from painting up Abe Lincoln but she didnt hurt or rob anyone.