FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I think that it is time that I took over the organisation of BA Euro-catering
Old Aug 27, 2013, 3:07 am
Flying Doctor

Programs: MUCCI
I am not so sure about all the budget busting...

I think that there would be a case for focusing on quality as opposed to choice - even though I accept for some of the longer S/H flights people who fly a lot want a bit of choice. What is suspect happens at the focus group is that everyone gets to rate things that they want and choice will always come up high - but of course most will rate that below quality but its not being asked in the correct way. For example could we go down to 1 red and white and have better quality - I don't know the answer - I certainly could as I like most wines and quality is better for me but then what do you do if the white wine is a Chardonnay and half the cabin only wants a Sauv Blanc...

If the Club Kitchen is Waitrose then lets face facts they are really not that bad and I am sure something could be negotiated with them.

Interesting idea though as some of the catering really is not that good although some of the long haul catering does seem to have improved a bit of late....

FD.