FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I think that it is time that I took over the organisation of BA Euro-catering
Old Aug 27, 2013, 1:57 am
Betteronacamel

Programs: BAEC, AA, Emirates, Hilton, Hyatt, Taj Hotels
2) Scrap Afternoon Tea as a concept altogether - a cold plate is fine on shorter journeys - but let's lose the sandwiches please. How about a Ploughman's supplemented by warm pies (like they had about 3 years ago).

4) Fundamentally against this - the longer the flight so the meal becomes more important. Choice on longer flights is actually crucial to me - I'd say offer a choice of 2 mains and a vegetarian option.

5) Yes, good idea. Nothing wrong with selling 'British'. 2 or 3 pieces on the cheese plate would be nice.

6) Almost anything is preferable to Cadbury's I'm afraid. How about dropping the chocolate from the tray and re-instating a pudding (and cheese). Chocolates should be served with the Tea/Coffee service after the meal.

7) Yes, I thought this too especially on the longer Band 3/4 flights. Not sure about cutting back on choice though.

In summary, you're right. We'd both be fired in the first week as all of the above would cost more to deliver. We're likely to get a torrent of replies as to why these things aren't possible, but hey - let's dream on.