FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I think that it is time that I took over the organisation of BA Euro-catering
Old Aug 27, 2013, 12:28 am
PUCCI GALORE
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Wink I think that it is time that I took over the organisation of BA Euro-catering

I do wish to appear conceited. I do not need to. I have now flown quite a bit in Club Europe and have watched the tray dwindle and dwindle further again as new "enhancements" are introduced. It really does seem to me that the money is not well spent - so I propose the following

1) Gate Gourmet (if anything were further than the truth) would be given their marching orders (frankly a supply of M&S ready meals would probably be cheaper.) and let's see who else can do the job.

2) Breakfast would be served until about 11.30, lunch from then until 14.30, and Afternoon Tea until 17.00. Dinner on all flight after that.

3) Actually serve things people might like to eat (suggestions please).

4) One Main course and Veg option on any Band 3 upwards. Cut the choices and make what is served better and bigger.

5) Only English cheese served - sorry but French cheese which I adore needs to be ripe not chilled.

6) Where did this Lily O'Brien nonsense start? Is this one of Walsh's extended family. Frankly I'd sooner have a bar of Cadbury's Flake as a desert and it would probably be far cheaper.

7) Goodbye nasty plastic mini bottles of wine and Hello full bottles. Cut down the selection and give people something decent. The bigger the bottle the better the wine. Why should the people up front who are paying a lot of money have the same as Eurotraveller.

Now it is most probably that I will not last a week in the job and I always believed that budget were there to be broken and I suspect that my hairbrush would be exhausted - but tell me what do you think that we should be giving you to eat? When, whilst we are about it, did anyone from BA research actually ask you. I keep hearing about all their "Research" and wonder how many of you here have actually participated.

Retirement beckons and a new world awaits!