FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [FARE GONE] DL: SFO-ATL/JFK-NRT-SIN $1,232.30 ai RT (25,318 mi; 4.9 cpm)
Old Aug 26, 2013, 1:10 pm
Csfing1

Programs: DL DM, 2.6 MM
MR Asia or domestic

Originally Posted by chunky649
Thanks for the update Csfing!

I would expect the fare to go down, as we are seeing very cheap fares to China recently...

2 questions:

Does the fare rule allow stopping over in NRT? I would like to visit SIN, but I think I only need a day or 2 there (small country!), and would rather spend 1-2 weeks in Japan for vacation.

Also, does this fare work anywhere else other than SFO/LAX? I'm based in DTW, so I would prefer a more local run (JFK/ATL/MSP/etc...). Also, I was lucky enough to get the double-asia promotion, but the double-mile only apply to the USA-ASIA segment, not total, so the SFO-ATL/JFK doesn't gain me very much...
There have been some fares recently to ANC and also LIM that you might be able to use for MR, as you can see from the posts but if you want to go to Asia and make the stops, use a multi city ticket but the prices aren't as good. It was interesting that yesterday I could get a lower price from LAX to SIN thru JFK than a roundtrip from JFK SIN. Prices very from day to day depending on how many seats have been sold. That is why those prices are only good for a few weeks, haven't bothered with Sun or weekends as they are usually higher and I try to avoid travel during those times. You may need to take a repositioning flight but that will increase your cpm cost.

Am doing a MR tonight SMF ATL CVG LGA ATL LAX SMF for 6300 MQM but have been upgraded for all but final one hr leg from LAX SMF but might even get that at gate as there are two seats left but in that aircraft it doesn't make that much difference for one hour.

Let me know what works out for you and Happy Travels! Cheers